Shingle roofing has now become a trendy option to most of the property owners. However, though these roof shingles may be advantageous in various ways, you can find issues after a number of years of its installation. For instance, the shape of some shingles may get curled or the shingle roofing system can start to bend upwards. Curled shingle is one of the complications that you have to solve before it leads to any worse condition. We have detected the possible factors for which you roof shingle Dearborn Michigan may become distorted or curved.
- Roofs with more than one layer– Homeowners want to install an additional layer on the older one. However, though it may save your cost, this is not recommendable as it can cause the shingles to get curled. Roofing shingles, present on the upper layer, may not be much safe. Heavy winds can easily blow them.
- No ventilation on the attic- The hot air in the indoor space of your room usually reaches your attic. While this attic system has ventilation, you will not have any issue. It is because excessive level of moisture can start circulating in the other areas. With no good ventilation, there will be no mold formation.
- No correct lining of shingles- On every shingle, there is an adhesive strip, and if this strip has not been arranged rightly by your contractor, then your shingles will not get adhered firmly. In due course, you may have the problem of curling roof shingle.
- Shingles become old– It is another reason behind your curled shingles. To say in simple words, when you had installed the roof several years ago, these shingles could get curled. That is why you would need re-roofing service to avoid any issue from shingle. The life-span of shingles can vary depending on the materials. You can speak to your roofing specialists to know if you have to install a new roof.
- Defects in the shingles– In many cases, the shingle manufacturers carelessly make their products, and they release defective roofing shingles in the market. However, the best roofers know how to deal with this kind of shingles.
Thus, these are some reasons for which the roofing shingles can get curled. While you have noticed any problem in the shingle roofing model, you should call your professionals immediately.