Replacing a roof can be both time consuming and an expensive process. However, there are different factors that may influence the cost of it. Therefore, don’t let the contractor just give you a rough estimate without assessing all the factors. If you are on your way to replace your roof, its better that you know about the possible factors that may influence the overall cost of replacing the roof. To help you out, we have listed down the factors below.
The Main Factors
The points listed below are usually the main factors that influence the cost of roof replacement:
- The Size of the Roof: The bigger your roof is, the more is the expenditure. Isn’t this an obvious one? Depending on the total square feet of your roof, you will have to buy the roofing materials and the other stuff. Even the charges of the contractor will be based on the size of your roof.
- Type of Roofing Material: There are a number of roofing materials available in the market. Each one of them comes with a different cost. Some roofing materials maybe expensive while others maybe cheap. Therefore, the cost of your roof replacement is directly dependent on the type of material you will choose.
- The Intensity of Damage: The amount of damage absorbed by your old roof also contributes to the overall cost of the roof replacement. The more the damage, the more the cost. If you have minor problems like leaks and cracks, you may just do away with it with a bit of repairing but if, it is more than that then, you may have to replace the entire roof.
- The Slope Of Your Roof: Roofs that are extremely steep are known as ‘un-walkable roofs’ and therefore, it requires extra safety measures and precautions for the workers in order to repair or replace it. Such measures will automatically increase the overall cost of your roof replacement. If your roof is a steep one then, you might as well get an estimate on the roofing cost Dearborn Michigan.
- The Contractor: Your coast of roofing is also influenced by the contractor that you hire. If it’s a reputed contractor then, obviously he will charge more than a non-reputed one. But it is advisable that you should always hire a well-reputed contractor for the job. After all it’s your roof that we are talking about.
The factors listed above are the main factors that influence the cost of your roof replacement. However, there can be other factors too such as number of layers being replaced, type of roof warranty and others.